lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7525] Implement TCP listen backlog

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7525] Implement TCP listen backlog
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:55:38 +0000

>which would also be good to integrate into the netconn API

Isn't it in your patch? I see it. But even if it cause a API breakage, I'm in
flavor to add it. Else, the new parameter could be dependant of
LWIP_LISTEN_BACKLOG:

err_t
#if LWIP_LISTEN_BACKLOG
netconn_listen(struct netconn *conn, int backlog)
#else
netconn_listen(struct netconn *conn)
#endif /* LWIP_LISTEN_BACKLOG */
{

>a) the maximum and current backlog per netconn (2 to 8 bytes per netconn)

Isn't it possible to use the same fields that for SO_RCVBUF ? Else, we
increase size for all netconn, even if we have only one or two listening ones
(I think that most of time, we have more netconn which are not in listen mode,
than netconn which are).

>b) can not be done with the current TCP code: I previously thought this
could be done by returning an error in the accept callback, but at this point,
the new connection is already established. Instead, it is necessary to abort
the setup of a new connection when the listening connection receives the SYN:
in tcp_listen_input before tcp_alloc even creates a new pcb.

Yes, but your solution is less "lightweight" than do the process in
accept_callback. Of course, the solution dependant of what we want ("lw" or
"best behavior").

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7525>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/