lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #21664] PPP code is broken

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #21664] PPP code is broken
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:44:15 +0100

Nice to hear an active developer cares about the ppp code ;-)

Unfortunately, pppd doesn't seem to be available under cygwin... Windows should somehow be able to accept incoming PPP connections, but I really don't know how! Using crossoverLinux and pppd might be the easiest way. Of course, there may be other open source implementations for windows, but using one of the broadest used ppp-daemons as counterpart should be best to verify lwIP-ppp, I think.

Simon

Frédéric Bernon schrieb:

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
Planned Release:

Details:

This is not a news, but PPP code is actually broken. I have start to do some
fix to be able to build it, and to test it.

Actually, PPPoE changes give some problems :

- undefined "queue.h" code
- some #if PPPOE_SUPPORT missing
- pppOpen undefined now

There is also a very specific coding style (brackets, tabs, names...), and
some conflicts with some tcp.h enum (CLOSED by example).

I will post a patch for that. But now I can build it, I would like to do some
tests. Is anyone knows a good freeware running a PPPoS server under Windows
(yes, sorry, I use it at home)?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?21664>