lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #21643] udp_send/raw_send don't fail if netif is down

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #21643] udp_send/raw_send don't fail if netif is down
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:33:45 +0000

> We should check that ARP doesn't respond on ARP requests to its
> own address until the netif is up, but my guess is this is
> already implemented.

It seems it is not implemented.

For DHCP, other stacks have the concept of being half-up. Usually the
interface is in fact marked up at this point, but a user should not be using
it yet as its state is indeterminate. Of course the routing table would
prevent any normal packets using it.

So I wonder if the real problem (and fix) is in ip_route().

At the same time, if such a fix prevents DHCP, maybe DHCP should be allowed a
way to send with a particular netif. Even now, I don't think DHCP could work
reliably in lwIP if you have more than one netif, so identifying the netif to
use seems wise.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?21643>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/