lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 08:26:17 +0000

>I think that would be a good change as we get rid of th DNS_RESULT enum.

Ok

>Hmm, shouldn't the user be able to override it, just like errno so he can
use an external errno that is already implemented (e.g. in a c-library)?

If errno can already exists on the OS (used for file IO by example), this is
not the same case for h_errno, which is, if I'm not wrong, "ip stack" specific
(netdb.h).

>Finally, I don't really know where to put the options... But to query a MX
or another type: can't that be solved differently? (I really don't know about
DNS and how that works) but dns.h is kind of big like it is now... Anyway, if
you need those defines just leave them there.

So, is there any other comments for that? Jim ?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7017>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/