lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 08:09:39 +0000

> just post it in a patch record?

I'll do  that. Maybe someone can use it...

> I thought to add a err_t values mainly for the "enqueued request" case.

I think that would be a good change as we get rid of th DNS_RESULT enum.

> Since we have LWIP_DNS option, we can also add "int h_errno;" at the
beginning of the file, and use it?

Hmm, shouldn't the user be able to override it, just like errno so he can use
an external errno that is already implemented (e.g. in a c-library)?

Finally, I don't really know where to put the options... But to query a MX or
another type: can't that be solved differently? (I really don't know about DNS
and how that works) but dns.h is kind of big like it is now... Anyway, if you
need those defines just leave them there.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7017>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/