lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:17:13 +0000

> define h_addr h_addr_list[0]

Isn't that MS only?

> lwip_fill_hostent define, and move it in sockets.c (or directly
> in gethostbyname since this is the only place where it is used)

I made it a define because it will be reused in other functions using hosten
(e.g. gethostbyname_r)

> lwip_fill_hostent seems wrong (?): h_aliases should not be NULL

Hehe, I really didn't know how that thing is used and was too lazy to look it
up then. Obviously, it would have to be changed. Please change it if you know
how it should be.

> m not sure that SYS_ARCH_DECL_PROTECT / SYS_ARCH_PROTECT /
> SYS_ARCH_UNPROTECT (in gethostbyname) give any protection

I don't know either, I only wanted to protect a hostent being mixed between
different calls (e.g. name1, addr2), but that's probably not worth it...

I'll check hostent before checking in.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7017>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/