lwip-devel

Re: RE : [lwip-devel] RE: [lwip-commits] contrib/apps/sntp sntp.csntp.h

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: Re: RE : [lwip-devel] RE: [lwip-commits] contrib/apps/sntp sntp.csntp.h
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 14:51:14 +0100

If you want, I can add the README in contrib/apps, with in content something this ( but with more informations) :

So, take a look to current contrib repository. If we try to "define" these applications characteristics, we have:

- chargen: socket api based, used only for tests, but can be used like this (but since it's not used on any contrib buildable port, I'm not sure)
- netio: raw api based, used only for tests, but can be used like this

- httpserver: netconn api based, used for demo or need big changes to be useful (no "dynamic" pages or cgi support) - httpserver_raw: raw api based, used for demo or need big changes to be useful (no "dynamic" pages or cgi support)

- netbios: raw api based, can be used with any target used on a "Windows" LAN (perhaps same for linux?), but can be used like this (some @todo) - ping: raw api based XOR socket api based, used only for tests or need little changes to be useful (I will do this evening)
- sntp: socket api based, can be used like this.

Are you in favor to remove "chargen" and "sntp" ? I'm ok for "chargen", but I think "sntp" could stay (I will perhaps add a raw api alternative).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kieran Mansley" <address@hidden>