lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6250] MSG_MORE flag for send

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6250] MSG_MORE flag for send
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:09:28 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, patch #6250 (project lwip):

>1. For sockets.h, I changed values of MSG_*. In fact, many client
application that I port to L4 use uclibc headers which are incompatible with
sockets.h one. I already tried to remove uclibc header, but it provides some
function that are not implemented into lwip library. I saw that all libc that
I know use those values. So I think its better to reuse them ? :)

I'm not sure there is a standard for these values. If another user got the
same build problem than you, but with different values, what should we do?
Better to change them, I think we could add something like :

#if ((!defined(MSG_PEEK)) && (!defined(MSG_WAITALL)) && (!defined(MSG_OOB))
&& (!defined(MSG_DONTWAIT)))
/* Flags we can use with send and recv. */
#define MSG_PEEK       0x01    /* Peeks at an incoming message */
#define MSG_WAITALL    0x02    /* Requests that the function block until the
full amount of data requested can be returned */
#define MSG_OOB        0x04    /* Requests out-of-band data. The significance
and semantics of out-of-band data are protocol-specific */
#define MSG_DONTWAIT   0x08    /* Nonblocking i/o for this operation only */
#endif

It's already done for some others parameters. Just for my information, what
other uclibc functions used these MSG_ defined?

>2. I changed the flags in sockets.c

ok

>3. I changed the comments in tcp_out.c and api_lib.c

ok

>4. For API_FLAG_xxx, no idea too

Perhaps some others developers can suggest better names? Wait and see...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6250>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/