lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7410] Don't include internal headers in api header f

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7410] Don't include internal headers in api header files
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:03:06 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Picking up the idea from task #6683, I'd like to remove the need to include
internal header files in api.h and netbuf.h (sockets.h is already OK).

The reason for this is to prevent the user from seeing the internals when
programming applications.

The main idea of my patch is to creat a new file (api_internal.h or whatever
you want it to be named), which holds the definitions of the structs netconn
and netbuf and including this file in the lwIP internal files but not in the
actual (user-)application files.

The downside would be that functions we converted to macros (after 1.2.0
mostly) have to be converted back to functions. But leaving the defines in
api_internal.h, users who really want the speedup can just decide to include
api_internal.h and use the macros instead.

Patch & api_internal.h is attached.

File Attachments:

Date: Sonntag 28.10.2007 um 14:03  Name: api_internal.patch  Size: 7kB   By:
goldsimon