lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20842] unix sys_arch_protect faulty

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20842] unix sys_arch_protect faulty
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:40:12 +0000

But perhaps this lightweight mutex is "faster" than unix implementation ? I
don't know...

But except that which is more "coding style", perhaps your "problem" Thomas
is that you think the SYS_ARCH_PROTECT should not be based on a unique global
mutex, to avoid to block taskA during a pbuf reference decrement, while taskB
do a memp_malloc (or any longer processing)?

But the design of SYS_ARCH_DECL_PROTECT / SYS_ARCH_PROTECT/
SYS_ARCH_UNPROTECT macros seems more based on a interrupt level feature (where
the sys_prot_t type/parameter is useful), than on a mutex one (where, since
only a global mutex is possible, sys_prot_t type/parameter is not useful).

That's why I have propose in https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7212 to
introduce a real mutex feature (as SYS_ARCH_PROTECT is global, and sys_sem_t
can't be really recursive).

So, the problem is in all ports (not only in the unix one), and I think we
can close it as "invalid". Right?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20842>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/