lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20515] TCP delayed ack does not work as expected

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20515] TCP delayed ack does not work as expected
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:36:37 +0000

The "send an update only if the window is big" is probably some rather
simplistic silly window avoidance.  This could certainly be improved, but the
alternative suggested would probably make it worse.  We need to send a window
update *especially* when the window is big (or more accurately when it has
just increased by a large amount) as that allows the sender to send more
packets.  Sending an update when the window is small doesn't help the sender
- it knew it was small already and so it only allows it to send a little bit
more data.

As to the other point, the reason I wanted to keep tcp_ack() in tcp_recved()
is because I thought you were getting rid of the if(!(pcb->flags &
TF_ACK_DELAY)) check around it, and so then it could be much more than just
setting the ACK_DELAY flag.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20515>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/