lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Outgoing Ping support for LWIP...

From: Hiser, Steve
Subject: [lwip-devel] Outgoing Ping support for LWIP...
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:35:53 -0500

Hello All,

My name is Steve Hiser and I'm a SW engineer with Biometric Access Co. in
Austin Tx. We manufacture biometric finger print readers used in the retail
market. Presently our device uses a Analog Device's Blackfin BF-537
processor. We are using the VDK operating system which has LWIP ported to it.
I need to utilize outgoing Pings to support trace routing to aid in debugging
network problems in the field. From what I can tell LWIP supports Echo Replys
but does not have support for sending out Echo's. I have downloaded the latest
version of LWIP 1.2.0 to verify this. Am I just missing this, or if not, is
there any future plans to support this or current code elsewhere I could
port.

I would greatly appreciate any available support.

Thanks,
Steve Hiser

address@hidden