lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20506] HTTP server doesn't call tcp_output

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20506] HTTP server doesn't call tcp_output
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:16:30 +0000

> think the httpd.c is not the same as lwpi contrib

No, it's not! We currently only have a netconn httpd there.

But in the contrib module, there are 2 httpd.c servers (in
contrib/ports/msvc6 and contrib/ports/unix/proj/unisxsim/apps), and they have
the same problem (those are RAW api servers). It looks like they are exactly
the same as the example httpd in vipin's zip file.

> If it's not enough, try to reduce TCP_TMR_INTERVAL to 100

That would probably change something but it's not the cause of the problem!

> I really like lwip code but i observed that for a http request the time
taken from the starting of tcp_input function to function of http layer is
150ms which I think can be improved

Is that really true? If so, why does the first "HTTP OK" response packet come
less than 3ms after the HTTP GET packet was sent by the client???

> More, you could call tcp_output to "boost" the send.
> But example, if tcp_write return ERR_OK, you could call:
> err = tcp_output_nagle(conn->pcb.tcp);

It is rather mandatory to call tcp_output (tcp_output_nagle is not available
in v1.2.0) after having called tcp_write!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20506>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/