lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20208] it is better to add "gethostbyname" function i

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20208] it is better to add "gethostbyname" function in Lwip.
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:06:10 +0000

Hi dupengbo,

(note thant most of time, such subject is more for the mailing list than for
the bug tracker)

But I know that Jim Pettinato has ported uIP name resolver in lwIP (based on
RAW API). So, perhaps you can ask him on the mailing list to send you the
code...

More, such code is a higher level protocol, and lwIP can't support (and
maintain) all these protocols, even if the need of a DNS client is pretty
common (but this is not like SNMP, IGMP or DHCP which have a direct
interaction with lwIP internal features).

I have a socket-based DNS client, but not fully in the lwIP spirit. So, if
Jim can't, I will send you mine.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20208>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/