lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6935] Problems to be solved with the current socket/

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6935] Problems to be solved with the current socket/netconn API
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:00:12 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Note that this is marked as 'later'!

I'd like to have this task to collect all (design) problems (or change
requests) with the current socket/sequential API so we have one place where
we list them (instead of here and there in other threads).

I make the beginning with this:
- move from message passing to mutual exclusion (lock netconns)
- for send, we could lock the whole core instead of pass a message to another
thread: that way, TX can be prioritized (if using a mutex). the runtime of
locking a mutex should not be much longer than message passing (in fact,
message passing always includes a task-change, locking only sometimes)
- for RXed frames, we could also lock the whole core. That way, tcpip_thread
only would have to process RX and timers. Also, incoming RX frames could be
prioritized by handling low-prio frames (ports or protocols) in a lower
thread.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6935>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/