lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5952] Integration of AutoIP module

From: Dominik Spies
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5952] Integration of AutoIP module
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:48:39 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #5952 (project lwip):

Hi!

IPv4LL seems to be a good choice, same as AutoIP. If APIPA is *not* the name
of Microsoft's implementation then I think apipa is good, but this will be
not to much work to change.

IPv6 LL is so different from IPv4 (and not a option but more or the less
mandatory) I think we should seperate this in any case.
So moving to core/ipv4 is okay. I will do that.

This module was created while my work at Siemens A&D, I'm happy that I can
release it under a free license but I cannot spend time to port this to
CVS-Head, because there's no benefit for my project.

I hope I can continue this at home, but at the moment I have no hardware, so
this is not sure. If I have hardware and some time I will port this to
CVS-Head.

In the next days I will programm a patch for dhcp-option to use apipa as a
fallback option.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5952>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/