lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6881] Create option to leave header fields in host b

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6881] Create option to leave header fields in host byte order
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:38:26 +0000

OK, since I commented the byte order of some fields, this can go on.

TCP and UDP are no problem since the ports are already given in host byte
order, only internal conversion would change (be left out).

IP is kind of a problem since IP adresses are stored in network byte order in
the pcb (and expected the same in function parameters). As long as ip adresses
are only composed through macros like IP4_ADDR, that is no problem.

I would create hton*/ntoh*-macros for each protocol that would be defined to
not convert if a switch like MAC_DOES_BYTE_ORDER_CONVERSION_IP / *_UDP /
*_TCP is set to 1 (only for little endian, of course).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6881>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/