lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5926] Use function pointers instead of table index

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5926] Use function pointers instead of table index in api_lib/api_msg
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:31:12 +0000

Follow-up Comment #8, patch #5926 (project lwip):

>If it would be possible for most of "do_xxx" functions, it's not for
"do_connect" which is asynchrone, and where the "end of process" (the "post")
is done in err_tcp xor do_connected...

Couldn't we distinct between synchrone and asynchrone do_*() functions? In
the back of my mind, I always think about locking the core instead of passing
messages to a core thread. Generalizing this would make it easier to switch
between the two methods of accessing core functions.

But I agree that making an exception only for do_connect() would be a bad
solution.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5926>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/