lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated into the stack
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 11:05:14 +0000

>OOI, some network hardware, nevermind network drivers, have hardware assist
for checking checksums. But in both cases that's already handled in lwIP with
e.g. disabling CHECKSUM_GEN_TCP and/or CHECKSUM_CHECK_TCP. So if someone wants
to write a driver that checks the checksum on receive, I think they have what
they need from lwIP to do that.

Currently, I have a FIFO MAC. On receiving a frame, I use a dedicated
DMA-engine to transfer it into RAM. This DMA-engine can't check/generate
checksums. But since I'm copying the data using memcpy already when
enqueueing TCP data, it would speed up sending significantly if I do the
checksum on copying instead of reading the data twice when copying and
checksummimg is separated.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6849>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/