lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Some lwIP performances...

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Some lwIP performances...
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 16:08:53 +0100

Frédéric BERNON wrote:
I will commit this evenning the last https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19162
fix (I will send the last patch file before).

During my tests, I have try to evaluate which max bandwidth I can get in
output, with UDP on socket layer. The test send full UDP datagrams (1458 bytes)
on a 100Mbps/Full Duplex Ethernet interface.

With the patch I will propose, I can get ~90Mbps (~57Mbps with current CVS
release). Even, with some tips, I can even got... 98.2 Mbps!!! To get this last
8.2Mbps, I have replace the pbuf_alloc(PBUF_TRANSPORT, 0, PBUF_REF) by a local
variable, and remove the pbuf_free. I will propose a next patch for that...

Do you have some performance measures on your targets ?

I think to generate that much data you must have a much faster target with much more memory than I have! I can tell you now that the performance isn't quite so good with lwIP using 11KiB RAM :-).

Jifl