lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6735] Provide new pbuf type: PBUF_RAM_NOCOPY

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6735] Provide new pbuf type: PBUF_RAM_NOCOPY
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:28:49 +0000

Just a little comment so that we don't forget it:
Once we have that new flag, it would be good to be able to tell the stack at
compile time wether the network driver needs queueing or not. If it needs
queueing, UDP packets could be copied to a PBUF_RAM_NOCOPY directly instead
of PBUF_REF for payload and PBUF_RAM for headers (which later would have to
be copied on queueing). That would save us copying the headers, at least.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6735>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/