lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6683] Document lwIPs thread safety requirements

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6683] Document lwIPs thread safety requirements
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:32:49 +0000

Forgot to say in the last comment:
I think it should be well documented that lwIP is designed to work when
receiving packets from interrupt context but that the OS layer must support
this!

re my own comment #6:
>First, there are 3 different scenarios:

regarding scenario 2):
>Raw-API only (NO_SYS=1), network interfaces work with interrupts

Can this really work? netif->input may not be called from interrupt context,
since this might re.enter functions which are not re-entrant (tcp!). So the
only thing we can do would be freeing pbufs after sending (e.g. with a
DMA-ethernetif that calls pbuf_ref() before sending).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6683>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/