lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19222] timeout in sys_mbox_fetch

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19222] timeout in sys_mbox_fetch
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:42:49 +0000

You two had a real good and long conversation yesterday... :)

I agree that, since sys_mbox_fetch() seems to be called only from
socket/netconn thread with a timeout, it's probably a faster solution if
fetch_with_timeout was based on fetch_without_timeout because
fetch_with_timeout is not needed often.

This whole timer-callback thing in sys_sem_wait seems like re-inventing
something you already have. You have the user-given timeout and you convert
it to an lwip-timer just to put it in the list of timers.

On the other hand, if you don't do it this way, you have to be sure the value
sys_arch_mbox_fetch() returns as the time it has waited for a message to
arrive MUST be correct to have accurate timing, and I don't think you can
count on that.

So the way sys_sem_wait_timeout() goes probably leads to more accurate
timing.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19222>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/