lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19167] tcp timeout handler can cause crash being invo

From: Dmitry Potapov
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19167] tcp timeout handler can cause crash being invoked by sys_sem_wait()
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:56:36 +0000

Hi Andreas,

I believe that your solution still has the problem with "timefeeling". If the
thread is blocked inside of a timeout handler  than this time does not count.
It is possible to fix that, but you still have small races where being
pre-empted by another thread means delay of all times. So it is not perfect.

On the other hand, your approach has the same problem with overflow as with
storing 'expires', i.e. it requires sys_time_now() to be wrapped correctly
over the maximum.

So, I don't understand why you prefer old timeout handling over storing
'expires' timestamp, which is more simple and reliable?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19167>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/