lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #3796] api_lib.c: patch for netconn_write(), fixes

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #3796] api_lib.c: patch for netconn_write(), fixes a possible race condition
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:19:52 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #3796 (project lwip):

I'm dubious about this for three reasons:
 - the patch doesn't increase synchronisation, it simply solves the problem
of len overflowing if the snd_buf does change
 - it's not clear which two threads are causing the problem: in general lwIP
is not thread safe, so if this is simply a restatement of that then it's not
a useful fix
 - the fact that this is so old (sorry for the delay!) and hasn't been a
widely reported problem, makes me think that it's not a major problem.

Any other developers care to comment?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?3796>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/