RE: [lwip-devel] etharp oddity

From: Mountifield, Tony
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] etharp oddity
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:18:29 +0100

Hi Leon,

> I found that the bug was introduced due to the dual functionality in
> etharp_query(): it both sends out ARP requests as well as
> queues packets on the entry. Thanks for reporting.
> I have changed the behaviour as follows. Note that calling
> etharp_query() with a NULL packet, will still send out an ARP
> request, even when already stable. This
> is to forcefully check against a known IP address.
> See CVS HEAD for the change. JavaDoc copy below.

Many thanks - I've now tried it and it has resolved the issue.

Tony Mountifield
Contractor @ Tandberg TV
Strategic Park, ext 3390
Tel: 023 8057 3390

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND
CONFIDENTIAL to TANDBERG Television. If received in error please
notify the sender and destroy the original message and attachments.