lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] RFC: raw.c implementation.

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-devel] RFC: raw.c implementation.
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 01:09:30 +0200

Hello,

I am confused by the raw.c low-level protocol implementation.

I think the recv() callback should either
- process the packet, free it and inform raw_input() it has been eaten.
- do read-only on the packet, and tell raw_input() it is still there.

Currently, it seems that raw_input() frees the packets.

This is out of line with lwIP, where incoming pbufs are free'd in the
highest level.

Also, the current implementation does not allow a packet to be seen
by more than one raw PCB.

Unless I am seeing ghosts (which is easy at this time of the night)
I would like to fix this. This might mean an API change to the
callback return value and the implication that it MUST free the
pbuf if it thinks itself to be the end-user of that packet.

Regards,

Leon.