lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] (no subject)

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:34:52 +0100

Hello Luke,

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 06:23, address@hidden wrote:
> Could I get some feedback on the new pbuf implementation in the
> "lukem-pbuf" CVS branch? It should be a drop-in replacement for the
> original implementation at the moment.

In what sense did you improve on the design? Could you elaborate?

> The only unimplemented feature right now is that POOL pbufs are just an
> alias for RAM pbufs, and REF pbufs are just an alias for ROM pbufs. I
> don't think this will cause anything to break, but am happy to hear
> otherwise.

Does copy-on-queue work correctly for non-ROM REF pbufs?

> I'd like to get this branch merged soon so that I can start with
> a new pcb lookup implementation. To that end, please let me know of
> any changes that would be needed before a merge.

As the pbuf stuff is core to lwIP, merging would need:
- full compatibility, or good reasons why the API contract changed.
- a good explanation of what you did in the new pbuf code, and why.
- improvement of the existing code in efficiency or feature-wise.
- review by some pairs of eyes which are familiar with lwIP.
- some testing.

I'll try to find time to review your stuff.

Regards, Leon.