lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] TCP requirement list

From: Florian Schulze
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] TCP requirement list
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:52:35 +0200

Maybe this list could be added to the docs and expanded later.

Regards,
Florian

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:18:49 +0200, Leon Woestenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

Scanning through the document, I will mention PASS or FAILs for some issues
I know of.

LINK LAYER:

We do not support Ethernet trailing protocol (FAIL)

ARP

We support ARP cache entry invalidation using timeouts (PASS).
ARP timeout is staticly configurable at compile-time only (FAIL).
(We have implementation 1)
We do prevent generating ARP storms. (PASS)

We do support packet queueing of either the last (most recent) packet, or
multiple. (PASS)
NOTE: There is ambiguity about which packet should be queued (oldest or
latest in case of one).

Protocol Layer Upstream Broadcast link flag (FAIL).
NOTE: This can be implemented through a PBUF_FLAG which is already reserved
for that
purpose, AFAIK.

No Destination Unreachable on no ARP cache entry (PASS).

IP LAYER:

PASS on all "MUST" issues except these:
We do not support multiple default gateways per network link. We do not
detect Dead Gateways and
cannot select another one.

We do support reassembly, but I do not think we support timeouts on
reassembly, or even ICMP Time
Exceeded(Reassembly Timeout).

This might even be an outstanding bug, where a partly reassembled packet
never gives up the fragments
memory space.

So far, I have little time to dive deeper into this at this time,

with regards,

Leon Woestenberg.