Re: [Ltib] nosql key-value store for powerpc?

From: GAN
Subject: Re: [Ltib] nosql key-value store for powerpc?
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 23:45:18 +0200

6 jun 2013 at 21.49 wrote Stuart Hughes:

>Hi Eric,
>
>You may be able to use db1, which is the BSD database library for C,
>IIRC this will let you do key/value disk based stores.  There's also
>db3x and gdbm, but those have viral GPL or GPL like licenses which you
>may want to avoid (db1 is under a permissive BSD license).

Not sure if the license choice was a concern for Erin or if Stuart just
offered additional information but in any case:  Itzam/C is another
nice key/value db alternative if you are looking for something
BSD-licensed.  Don't know about LTIB recipes but it looks like a
straight-forward component with little dependencies, if you need
to roll your own.

And here is the project that could serve as an example of interfacing
to Itzam:

http://projects.genivi.org/persistence-client-library/

And since we are talking licenses, if you intend to use/modify the
"PCL" above you should note that it is MPLv2 licensed.

Assuming you are doing open source software, please let us know
where we might be able to see/reuse your results.

Good luck.

Gunnar