Re: [Ltib] ltib gpp mirror

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ltib gpp mirror
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 10:02:02 -0400

On 10/04/2012 08:18 AM, Stuart Hughes wrote:
On 04/10/12 12:30, Krasnow, Jason E (ES) wrote:

Hello-

  I am working on a project that uses LTIB, as it was provided by the silicon vendor with their BSP.  Most of the work will be done on a private network that has no internet connection.  I would like to setup a local gpp on that network with a mirror of the public one that possibly I could update every quarter or so.  I looked back through the archives and see that there are some mechanisms to prevent creating a mirror.  Is this still the case?  It seems like it since I cannot wget the contents of the GPP (using ‘wget –m –np –w 1 –e robots=off’).  Is there another way to get the content presently?

Thanks

-Jason

Hi Jason,

You can't mirror the GPP.   If a silicon vendor provided a LTIB BSP, you should have all the sources on the ISO image.

If you need anything from the GPP, go somewhere, or arrange connection to the Internet (via a proxy) and then run ltib, it will download and store locally anything you need.

Regards, Stuart
Jason,

We cache the tarball/patches/md5 files that are pulled in from the GPP to cut down on network access (as well as allow us to build LTIB w/o a network connection).

After building what we need, we collected the contents of /opt/ltib/pkgs (that were pulled in from the GPP) and store them in a directory in the root directory of LTIB (we call ours LTIB-package-pool), then edited .ltibrc and add "LTIB-package-pool" to the directory list following %ldirs.   Then the next time LTIB needs a pacakge tarball/patch/md5sum, it will then look in those directories, and if not found then fetch it from the GPP.

If you instead want to store them on your local webserver, you could try putting them on the server, and put the directory URL in .ltibrc as the private package pool URL (%ppp_url) and LTIB should look there before consulting the GPP - I think.

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden