[Ltib] Kernel Configuration - Timing HZ on ARM - NXP LPC3250

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: [Ltib] Kernel Configuration - Timing HZ on ARM - NXP LPC3250
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 14:15:17 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings-

While working with some communications sensitive applications on the NXP
LPC3250 platform, I've started wondering if kernel frequency may be the culprit
to the problems experienced.

In the kernel config, the CONFIG_HZ is set to 250. I've changed this on x86
systems for various reasons, including running a tickless kernel. Are these
options available with the LPC3250 SoC? In some of my reading I've found
changing the CONFIG_HZ value on the ARM platform may not work as expected, if
at all.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

--Tim