Re: [Ltib] LTIB sudo check fails with Sudo version 1.7.2

From: Joe Hershberger
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB sudo check fails with Sudo version 1.7.2
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 13:57:08 -0400

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Stuart Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried on OpenSuse 11.2 and it works fine for me despite the changed
> format.  Do you have the latest LTIB? I can't think of anything else.

The latest snapshot, not the latest CVS.

> I've attached a test script you can try which is the test pulled out
> from the current ltib, which works fine for me on OS 11.2

The test script also fails on my OpenSuse 11.2, but reports no error
on my OpenSuse 10 machine,

> Another thing to try is to see if you can do:
>
> $ sudo rpm --version
> and:
> $ sudo /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --version

~> sudo rpm --version
RPM version 4.7.1
~> sudo /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --version
RPM version 4.0.4
~> sudo -V
Sudo version 1.7.2

When you run sudo -l on your OpenSuse 11.2 machine, do you see the
same format that I described in my first email?  One thing I noticed
on my machine that is a bit peculiar is that only the first command
listed shows "NOPASSWD" even though it's configured the same way as my
other machine.  And just like the other machine, all of the commands
listed do work without a password via sudo.  Perhaps there was a bug
in the listing format in sudo for a short time?  Is the output
different between your ubuntu machine and your opensuse machine?

Thanks,
Joe