[Ltib] Re: Where is the gpp?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: [Ltib] Re: Where is the gpp?
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:23:02 +0100

Hi Nathan,

If you know the rpm name the src.rpm names can easily be deduced,
they're all still on the GPP.

What I'm trying to do is find a way of letting humans have access, maybe
through a login or similar, but avoid having mindless bots/script
grabbing a full listing and then downloading every package.  It's
wrecking the bandwidth I have to play with to the extent that normal
LTIB users may not get access if I bust the limit.  Aside from that it's
pointless as they only need updates.

Regards, Stuart

Nathan Knuth wrote:
> Stuart,
> Thanks for the email.  Sorry I did not see your original reply.  I found it
> today.
> I think that it would be valuable to have a means to get the list.  I use the
> GPP to download the source RPMs for the latest compilers and then build the
> compilers locally with the kernel headers that match the kernel we are using.
> Thanks,
> Nathan
> On Apr 21, 2010, at 12:33 AM, Stuart Hughes wrote:
>> Hi Nathan,
>> There's all still there, you just can't get an index.  As I explained on
>> the list yesterday:
>> "
>> Yes, you can no longer directly get listing of the gpp.
>> The reason is that there seem to be a number of people mirroring the
>> site and consequently is getting close to exhausting its
>> bandwidth limit.  These mirrors were using a directory listing and then
>> pulling everything from that list.
>> If you need a list of the packages, I can probably provide this in some
>> other way, but there would need to be some reason for this.
>> "
>> Regards, Stuart
>> Nathan Knuth wrote:
>>> Hi, what happened to  I don't see the files.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Nathan