Re: [Ltib] Multiple instances on one system

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Multiple instances on one system
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:58:57 +0000

Hi Matt,

Yes you can run multiple instances of LTIB on the same computer. In fact it's designed to do this and as far as possible even be backward compatible so later installs don't wreck earlier ones.

The Freescale /opt stuff goes to /opt/freescale and Savannah to /opt/ltib. However packages etc and shared so there's not too much inefficiency (Savannah is aware of /opt/freescale/pkgs).

Regards, Stuart

matt hughes wrote:
Is it possible to run multiple LTIB instances on the same
computer?  I was trying with a download from Freescale for
a particular board and having troubles, so I thought I'd
compare and contrast with one using the latest from Savannah
(if I'm using this terminology correctly).  I'm thinking the stuff
in the /opt directories are going to make it difficult.

Thanks.