Re: [Ltib] Setting HZ

From: Vadim Lebedev
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Setting HZ
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:24:40 +0200

Hi Fabio,

I was building zaptel/ztdummy driver used by asterisk to do conf calls.
This driver needs 1ms  clock to operate correctly.
It can use linux high resolution timers, or rtc, or system tick as clock source. When using system tick it needs the HZ to be at least 1000 to operate correctly.

Finally i've opted for HRTs but i didn't test this yet, so maybe i'm going to fallback to set the HZ=1000.

Couple of years ago i've worked with linux on Atmel's AT91RM200 and i've been setting HZ=1000 - it worked flawlessly

Thanks
Vadim