RE: [Ltib] Same build env for different processors

From: Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh)
Subject: RE: [Ltib] Same build env for different processors
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 02:50:09 -0700

Hi Stuart,
If we use one ltib to configure and build two different Platforms, I
assume the source lay out in the rpm/BUILD directory for linux source
code be like this:

rpm/BUILD/linux
rpm/BUILD/linux-2.6.10
rpm/BUILD/linux-2.6.25

Where:
linux   : a soft link to active linux kernel code?
linux-2.6.20: kernel source code for our older generation powerpc
platform
linux-2.6.25: kernel source code for our newer generation powerpc
plattorm

What does sets the "linux" link to active linux kernel source code
directory?

Also the older platform and newer platform are build with the same
software pkgs (e.g dhcp) but with different revision.
It might be a risk factor to update the pkgs for the older platform, so
how we can maintain and build two sets of the same pkg with different
revisions. Do we want to create two pkg_map file one for older platform
and one for newer one?

Many thanks in advance,
Bizhan