Re: [Ltib] Libtool problems

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Libtool problems
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:49:27 +0100

Hi Luis Felipe,

The approach I've always taken is that for cross-compiled
environments .la files are of no use at all (in fact harmful) and they
are removed in any packages that generate them (grep in
dist/lfs-5.1/*/*.spec).

Doing this makes the compiler/linker find the .so/.a files and cross
compile/link then works okay.

Regards, Stuart