Re: [Ltib] Re: Changing ltib base dir

From: Kumar Gala
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Re: Changing ltib base dir
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:06:02 -0600

On Dec 1, 2006, at 11:00 AM, John Koleszar wrote:

Kumar Gala wrote:

On Dec 1, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Stuart Hughes wrote:

Hi Kumar,

I would be worried about making it / as this would make the host support packages (that go into /opt/freescale/ltib) overwrite the host you are installed on. Also the LPP would end up as /pkgs, which again probably
is not idea.

I'm not suggesting /, but /opt (this we'd get /opt/ltib and /opt/ pkgs)

/opt/ltib and /opt/pkgs don't conform to the FHS. I can understand the desire to remove the freescale reference, but I think unless you're going to move all the files currently under /opt/freescale to a more standardized layout, you really
need an extra directory layer to encapsulate them. Simply renaming
/opt/freescale to /opt/ltib might be sufficient (though /opt/ltib/ ltib is ugly).
But presuming to "own" a directory as generic as /opt/pkgs is unwise.

Fair enough, we could solve the problem by fixing it so pkgs lived under ltib so we'd have:

/opt/ltib
/opt/ltib/pkgs

- k