Re: [Ltib] ColdFire Toolchain

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ColdFire Toolchain
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:20:17 -0400

Hi Gian,

Apologies for the slow reply, I've been away.

LTIB has 2 Coldfire target types available at the moment.

m520xevb is an MMUless target board (minime) and that would be
reasonable as a starting point for an MMUless Coldfire project.  There
are a couple of patches that haven't been pushed out from Freescale yet,
but if you have your own kernel, you can just substitute.  If you need
the patches, I can try to get them pushed out next week.

mcf547x_8x is a Coldfire with an MMU (rigoletto), which is less common,
however if you have this class of target then it would be the best
starting point.

If you take a look at:
http://www.bitshrine.org/autodocs/bsp_ext_ava.html you can see all the
targets that are present at the moment.  The ones in green have all
their component pieces available in the GPP
(http://www.bitshrine.org/gpp) .  The ones in red have one or more
pieces missing.  In practice this usually means that Freescale haven't
got around to approving a patch to be put external.  Remember though
that you can always use an incomplete LTIB BSP if you have your own
kernel, you can simply select 'local directory build' for the kernel and
get it to build from your own kernel sources.

Note, if you click on each target, you can see the individual sources
for the default config for the target listed out (and the toolchain).
If you click on these, you can download them directly.  The idea here is
that if people don't want to use ltib, but just want a toolchain/patch
then can get it without having to download the tool and pull pieces out.

Regards, Stuart