lout-users

Re: Difference between ps and pdf

From: Matěj Cepl
Subject: Re: Difference between ps and pdf
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 09:32:09 +0200

On 2016-04-06, 02:40 GMT, Valery Ushakov wrote:
> PDF backend is not really suitable for anything advanced.
> It's ok for text and tables, but graphics doesn't really work.
> Advanced graphics in Lout relies on PS interpreter to do
> computations to "finish" the layout.  This obviously can't
> work with PDF.

My question is whether Lout generated PostScript travels without
problems to PDF via ps2pdf. Could one be certain that whatever
tricks they make in PostScript will carry to PDF?

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: address@hidden

One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.
    -- Andrew König