lout-users

Re: Everything on a single page

From: Valery Ushakov
Subject: Re: Everything on a single page
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 05:20:28 +0400

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 02:34:34 +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:

> >To begin with, it looks like extra metric files (Ti-Rm+ &c) mostly
> >contain subset of Latin2 used for Czech.  "eogonek" is found only in
> >two files,
> >
> >Ti-It+:5:C -1 ; WX 444 ; N eogonek ; B 25 -10 424 460 ;
> >Ti-Rm+:5:C -1 ; WX 444 ; N eogonek ; B 25 -10 424 460 ;
[...]
> I have reproduced this behaviour locally for the given eogonek.lt example.

To work around this problem you need to expand lout font metrics with
information for the missing Polish characters.  As I said, currently
it's present only for two fonts.  You should be able to use AFM files
from Ghostscript or OpenOffice directly, or just fetch necessary
metrics from them and add it to lout's font/Ti-Bd+ etc.

Long ago I wrote an overview of font handling in Lout that might still
be useful:

http://www.stderr.spb.ru/~uwe/lout/essays/1365.fonts.txt

The part about fontdef is out of date, as Lout now uses a @FontDef
database, but that's only a surface syntactic change.

-uwe