lout-users

Re: How to do Conditional Formatting?

From: Pierre
Subject: Re: How to do Conditional Formatting?
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 22:35:46 -0400

I must be missing something again, but "running Lout twice on the same document." in that context sounds conceptually easy enough, if not automated.

There must be some misunderstanding.

On 2012-06-06 19:12, Michael Koehmstedt, RenPet wrote:
Well, I think I must admit defeat at this point. My conceptual understanding of Lout is just too limited to figure out how to do this even after hours of trying. I'm not even sure what kind of questions to ask really...Jeff, you thought it would be a fun exercise to come up with this, so I think this might be a good opportunity :) Otherwise, I am going to need some more explicit guidance on how this might be done.

What I'm looking for is to be able to invoke something like:

object.tag @CanFitOnCurrentPage optional.object.tag

where if object.tag can fit on the current page it prints that, and if it can't fit on the current page it prints the optional.object.tag (with an empty object being the default).

Much appreciated,
Michael

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Jeff Kingston <address@hidden> wrote:
> *The big question is, if I have to print Table1 to figure out what page it
> ends up on, how can I "unprint" it and print the alternate Table instead?*

By running Lout twice on the same document.

Jeff