lout-users

Re: Extra margin space for footers?

From: Michael Koehmstedt, RenPet
Subject: Re: Extra margin space for footers?
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 11:54:57 -0700

Jeffrey,

Thanks for the explanation. I understand what's going on better. I set my bottom page margin to .40i for the footer and the @MidGap to .35i, which gives an effective body text bottom margin of .75i.

I must also say how enjoyable it has been to use Lout so far. I'm doing a project for work and I first tried to use latex, but quickly grew to hate it. It kind of was the epitome of what I dislike about old unix software: bloated and complicated. Lout, on the other hand, is impressively small and simple while still getting the job done. It's wonderful that I'll be able to drop the interpreter source code into my own project. I thank you for your good work.

Michael