lout-users

Re: Trouble with paragraph duplication

From: Pierre
Subject: Re: Trouble with paragraph duplication
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:58:32 -0500

Sorry I realize that I pointed to the problem but forgot the solution.
If you want to place the paragraphs side by side you should probably
separate them in 2 columns using the | symbol, like this:

@Text @Begin
    @Lorem |0.2i
    @Lorem
@End @Text

The newline you put between the 2 invocations of @Lorem is ignored by
Lout, as it should, so if you want them below each other, you should
use /, as in:

@Text @Begin
    @Lorem /
    @Lorem
@End @Text

Although in that case you are probably making your life difficult for no
reason.

You can also combine / and | to have any arrangement you fancy. The
trick is to @I{define the space available} to the object before you try
to put it there. Otherwise Lout will try to put 2 full-width objects
side by side, which obviously won't work.