lout-users

Re: the next version of Lout

From: Joel Roth
Subject: Re: the next version of Lout
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:22:28 -1000

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 03:35:34PM +0100, Ludovic Court??s wrote:
> Good point. :-)  Git is widely perceived as more demanding for someone
> learning it than Subversion, but it’s surely not so difficult either.

A small, usable subset of commands is relatively
easy to learn for both.

There is an excellent video presentation on git on you tube.

gitk, a Tk application, is greatly helpful to navigate
through the commit graph.

Also helpful is to modify the shell prompt to display
the current branch.

In the event that SVN is selected, there is git-svn, which
allows git users to function in an SVN environment.

However the technical advantages of git (and other
distributed VCS such as Mercurial) over SVN I find
to be huge.

If git is complicated, it is because it solves a difficult
problem.

--
Joel Roth