lout-users

Re: Several newbie questions

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Several newbie questions
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 07:54:22 +1100

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:14:57AM +0100, Martin Senft wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> The \cmidline command I'm trying to emulate is used to group columns
> together visually using a rule below. This is easy to do with the tbl
> package, but I also needs to shorten the rule on one or both sides to
> separate one column group from other column groups by a gap between
> rules.

No easy way to do this, I suspect.

> Now that I know it should have worked, I can see why @Colour didn't
> work for me at first. Maybe I will ask first next time. Anyway, I have
> already changed the diag package to add separate colour choices for
> outlines, paths and arrows using relatively minor changes. Would it be
> possible/desirable to propagate these changes to the next Lout
> version?

Now that I think about it, the paint option of @Node colours the
inside, so it's not exactly a precedent for @Link, which has no
inside.  As you say, the question concerns colouring node outlines
and link paths.

I'd need to look into the details to be sure, but it seems reasonable
that some feature like this should be added for the next Lout version.

Jeff