lout-users

Re: Remove Title pages from book ?

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Remove Title pages from book ?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 08:01:33 +1000

Ed,

If you have been fiddling with bookf, you might as well keep
fiddling and remove line

    //1.1b  @TitlePageFont @Font @On

in file bookf.

Another, more conventional possibility is to use the @OnTitlePage
option of the @Book symbol, possibly like this:

    @Book
        @OnTitlePage { @Null }

That should replace the current title page with nothing.

I haven't tried either, but both ought to work I think.  If not, let
me know.

I'm not sure about a following blank page, I don't usually get one.
Get rid of the title page and see what happens, I guess.  It may
have to do with starting chapters etc. on odd- or even-numbered
pages, in which case you need to look into the @ChapterStartPages
option of the @BookSetup symbol in file book.  Alternatively, it
may be caused by the fact that the introductory sequence of pages
(containing title page, contents, and preface) has been defined
so that it always contains an even number of pages; if that is
the problem it would be harder to fix.

Jeff