lout-users

Version 3.39 of the Lout document formatting system now available

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Version 3.39 of the Lout document formatting system now available
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:58:45 +1000

Version 3.39 of the Lout document formatting system is now available
from the usual place:

  ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.39.tar.gz

A PostScript version of the User's Guide is at

  ftp://ftp.it.usyd.edu.au/jeff/lout/lout-3.39-user.ps.gz

My diff program broke so there is no diff from 3.38 to 3.39 this
time.  As always, please send reports of any problems to me, either
via the mailing list or directly to address@hidden

Jeff Kingston

Changes and new features introduced in Version 3.39 [September 2010]

   Bug fixes:
     Fixed a problem with @IndexBText
   Added copyright notices to many files, to satisfy the Savannah
     people.  There is no change in what is permitted.  Files that
     go to make up an output file are either public domain or else
     carry this additional wording, supplied by the Savannah people:
     "As a special exception, when this file is read by Lout when
     processing a Lout source document, you may use the result
     without restriction."

   Things not done

   It was suggested that using a version control system (in
     particular, svn) would be a good idea.  I thought about
     it but decided that there was too little change going on
     to make it worth my while, at the moment anyway.