lout-users

Re: Wrong indentation because of pdfmark?

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Wrong indentation because of pdfmark?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:28:02 +1100

> Sorry, but I don't understand, where to put the "&" in my example.

In your example, replace line

    Line 1 @LLP

by

    & Line 1 @LLP

Without this, the pdfmark thing and the word "Line" are separated
by a space, and that space comes out in the output.  Behind the
scenes, that space stands for the operator &1s meaning insert
a gap of the width of one space.  When you put & in you are
replacing the &1s operator with the & operator, and & is an
abbreviation for &0s, so you are asking now to insert a gap
of zero width.

Section 1.3 of the User's Guide has the general background, and
it contains another solution to this problem, involving
enclosing one of the objects in braces.

Jeff